[CALUG] (solved) slashdot not D/L in FF ??

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 13:06:34 EDT 2012

top post [short], from May maillist

Things I tried that did not work:
I tried logging off as user from GUI.
I tried rebooting...

Thought I had to live with it...
( I simply did not want to reinstall anything... )

then.... the solution presents itself ..
flash... AC power goes down during
"The Big Storm"
and AFTER using F12 with my UPS for several 5
minute intervals over several days, the UPS finally
dies and the F12 box is unceremoniously taken
off line.

days later and a powerup, and slashdot in FF 3.5 works fine !!

I also notice my fonts are somewhat different.
Conclusion: there is a magical reboot sequence different
than power down/reboot..

thanks to those who replied offline.

Walt.....

==============================
anyone else having trouble viewing
slashdot.org in Firefox ??

Mine is a bit old, but 2 years isn't so bad..
well, maybe 3...

FF 3.5.15 on Fedora 12.

Broken redirect link ? or bad html ?
Mine seems to time out.

W.......

There's a shortage of programmers for that language created this morning.

--
There's a shortage of programming languages for all the immigrants
that entered the U.S. this morning.