[CALUG] BaltoLUG March Meeting

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Thu Mar 1 16:43:47 EST 2012

Please join us on Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm at the Baltimore Node.
Our speaker this month is Charlie Fullerton.

Charlie Fullerton has worked in different aspects of the IT industry for
over 20 years. He has worked in networking, security, and software
testing environments.  His current hobby is Hardware Hacking.  His
platform of choice at the moment is the Arduino. However, he's currently
expanding his experimentation into a new platform, the Beaglebone.

Abstract:
Have you ever had an idea for a project and found that using a PC is way
overkill?
Take a look at the many new development boards that are available to
take your small
ideas to the next level.  We'll be taking an in depth look at the
Arduino Platform,
it's capabilities, Pro's and Con's.   Then we'll be introducing the new
BeagleBone
platform which runs a full Linux distro.  Best part... it fits in a mint
tin!!!

Those that have hardware hacking projects that use boards similar to the
Arduino are
encourages to bring their projects for a show and tell session after the
presentation.

Thanks

--
Ron Swift