[CALUG] Very strange message from Bernie(?)

Scott Kitterman sklist at kitterman.com
Wed Mar 7 18:06:17 EST 2012

I think that challenge and response systems like this are actively harmful and should be discouraged.

They don't reduce spam, they redirect it at innocent victims.

Scott K

Chuck Frain <chuck at chuckfrain.net> wrote:

Bernie uses a email verification program for when new people email him.
What I am guessing is that a piece of spam coming to the CALUG list (for
which he is an admin) triggered the response and it was sent to the
mailing list due to the forged headers of the original spam message.
Please ignore it as it is, in its current form, harmless.

Chuck