[CALUG] February 13th Meeting Announcement - PostgreSQL Tools

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun Feb 10 20:40:41 EST 2013

Greetings Everyone!

The next meeting of CALUG will be this Wednesday, February 13th from
6:30 until 9pm'ish. (Be sure to get the Valentine's Day shopping done
before then!)

Our own Keith Fiske will be providing an overview of the in-house
PostgreSQL tools that OmniTI uses in their operations. The presentation
will include:

OmniPITR - https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnipitr
PG Job Monitor - https://github.com/omniti-labs/pg_jobmon
Mimeo - https://github.com/keithf4/mimeo
PG Partition Manager - https://github.com/keithf4/pg_partman
PG Extractor - https://github.com/omniti-labs/pg_extractor

He will briefly go over some of how PostgreSQL works as a database and how
these tools work with Postgres and help to make it better.

Keith has been a DBA at OmniTI for almost 2 years and wrote all but one
of the above tools.

The meeting will take place at OmniTI located in Fulton, MD. The
address is 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is
near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from the road. When you approach the
HT head on, the OmniTI office building is to its right.

We'll be using the back entrance marked "G" since that will lead
directly to the meeting room. There is limited parking out back with
the majority of parking is out front. (Typically we find enough parking
in the back, but that may change) It is a short walk around the building
if needed.

Be sure to show up from 6:30 until 7 for pizza provided by Praxis
Engineering and socializing. We'll start the meeting about 7pm.

http://www.calug.org
http://www.praxiseng.com
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here