[CALUG] Meeting Announcement Jan 9th - Moodle

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Fri Jan 4 09:18:50 EST 2013

Greetings Everyone and Happy New Year!

CALUG will be starting out the CALUG year on January 9th with a talk from
our very own Gareth Digby entitled "Moodle on Ubuntu 12.04 Server".

Moodle is an open source Learning Management System (LMS) that
easily installs on Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP (LAMP) server.  The talk will
discuss:  Moodle's role in supporting learning;  how the LAMP server
should be built;  how to install Moodle; how to configure Moodle;
administrating and using Moodle in a teaching environment.  (Moodle will
also install on other operating system platforms using a similar
process.)

The meeting will take place at OmniTI located in Fulton, MD. The
address is 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is
near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from the road. When you approach the
HT head on, the OmniTI office building is to its right.

We'll be using the back entrance marked "G" since that will lead
directly to the meeting room. There is limited parking out back with
the majority of parking is out front. (Typically we find enough parking
in the back, but that may change) It is a short walk around the building
if needed.

Be sure to show up from 6:30 until 7 for pizza provided by Praxis
Engineering and socializing. We'll start the meeting about 7pm.

http://www.calug.org
http://www.praxiseng.com
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here