[CALUG] Evince PDF Viewer Issue

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Mon Jan 28 14:29:59 EST 2013

I am running Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit (Unity) with the default version of
Evince pdf document reader, 3.6.0. My accounting program creates pdf
check files that we then print on check paper.
The pdf file appears fine when viewing in Evince but when it prints the
$ symbol prints over the left most number (i.e. $50.00 prints as $0.00).
I have printed to different laser printers with the same result.
I have seen several posts on Google indicating that others are
experiencing the same problem but no solutions have been offered.
Before upgrading to 12.10 64 bit I used Adobe Reader on 32 bit Ubuntu
and it worked fine. The current version of Adobe does not run on 64 bit
Linux machines and not recommended by Ubuntu.
Any ideas on how to fix Evince would be appreciated.
Thanks

--
Ron Swift
President