[CALUG] [baltolug] Evince PDF Issue Update

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Wed Jan 30 15:12:28 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Ron Swift <rswift at swiftstaffing.com> wrote:
> I want to thank everyone for their input on the issue with my pdf check
> files not printing correctly. As some pointed out, it appears to be a font
> issue with Evince 3.6.0 on Ubuntu 12.10 that is causing it.
> I was able to successfully print the checks on another workstation running
> Evince 3.4.0 on Lubuntu 12.04. I can also print it using qpdfview program on
> my Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit workstation.
> I have filed a bug report with Canonical.

Unless Canonical left the font out of the repositories on 12.10, I
don't think it's a bug.  And even if they did leave it out, it could
be because of IP issues.

The solution is for the program to embedded the font in the PDF file.

--
Bryan J Smith - Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org - http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith