[CALUG] need some web advice

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell at qis.net
Thu Mar 14 22:36:48 EDT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, Brian E. Walsh wrote:

> I have a large shared hosting account where I host our customer
> websites. I will add your website to our account and host it for free
> as long as you pay the domain transfer fee (which his like $20 and I
> think you get another year on the domain too). I don't mind supporting
> clubs and organizations. I can setup an ftp account for you too. If I
> get the username/password for your current site I can easily do the
> transfer [ncftp on linux works great for that!]

since he us using directnic and they have a mechanism for him to
"redirect" his domain name, he can redirect to the space you are
willing to give him without having to transfer the domain.

all my web pages are currently registered with directnic but hosted by
redirect somewhere else.

i can coach him on how to do the directnic redirect. it is very simple
and can be done from the domain manaqer console at direct nic.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell at qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com