[CALUG] May Meeting Announcement - Infosec Competitions

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Thu May 2 15:04:14 EDT 2013

The next CALUG meeting will be May 8th from 6:30-9pmish. We will be
having a presentation by Forgotten entitled "Information Security
Challenges for Training, Evaluation, and Fun". We'll be learning an
aspect of how some IT security people hone their skills by playing a
version of capture the flag.

Bio: Forgotten has played in over 30 Information Security Challenges and is
now in the process of designing his 4th Challenge.  He recently became
the President of Unallocated Space.  He leads Capitol College's
Competition Team.  He created the CTF Wiki (Information Security Challenge
Documentation Project), and is an all around CTF enthusiast. As he started
in Information Security, he researched to find out what things would be
helpful to develop himself as a professional until he found the ideal
solution: Information Security Challenges! Visit his website at
http://ctf.forgottensec.com

The meeting will take place at OmniTI, located in Fulton, MD. The
address is 11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is
near the Harris Teeter, easily seen from the road. When you approach the
HT head on, the OmniTI office building is to its right.

We'll be using the back entrance marked "G" since that will lead
directly to the meeting room.

Be sure to show up from 6:30 until 7 for pizza provided by Praxis
Engineering and socializing. We'll start the meeting about 7pm.

http://www.calug.org
http://www.praxiseng.com
http://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here