[CALUG] Convert. Web pages in .asp to html

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Sat May 4 19:38:39 EDT 2013

On 05/04/2013 09:41 AM, Richard Stuart wrote:

>  Does anybody know of a converter for accomplishing changing ASP code to
> HTML code??
> Thanks
> Rich
>
> PS: The site I need to change is not real large. Is anyone well vsrsed
> in both codes that could assist?

This can be anywhere from trivial to ~impossible. If the pages are
simply HTML code with an ASP extension, then you can just rename them to
*.html and be done with it.

If not -- well, ASP is a (bad) programming language. Most likely you'll
need to replace it with another programming language. If the code is
simple and the result isn't important, it could take 5 minutes to
convert each page to e.g. PHP. If the code is complicated and it's
important that it work, it could take a week to convert and thoroughly
test each page.