[CALUG] Convert. Web pages in .asp to html

Dale Vogel dalevogel at verizon.net
Sun May 5 12:09:36 EDT 2013

Nice post. Your question: "Do any of you have any ideas on how to
convert asp to html"  says two things to me.  You're having Microsoft
induced technical problems, and technically you don't have a clue what
to do.

The last paragraph of this post so aptly points out all the problems
with Microsoft based solutions, and you wouldn't want to convert if you
weren't having these problems.   So your stuck with Microsoft induced
technical problems that you can't fix, or don't want to spend the money
to fix.  Since, you're going to need help, and your money, to get out of
this bind, my suggestion is its far cheaper for someone to develop a new
site duplicating your old site using open source, and open standards,
then it would be for you to hire someone to stay with Microsoft
technology and continually over time have to fix technical problems, and
learn new MS software that doesn't work with the old MS software, which
by the way is how Microsoft gets you to continually pay for new software.

Do yourself a favor, and dump Microsoft, and you won't have to worry
about conversions in the future.