[CALUG] Convert. Web pages in .asp to html

John L. Cunningham djohngo at gmail.com
Mon May 6 13:38:59 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 11:08:57AM -0400, Richard Stuart wrote:
> Question for you experts out there. I've not found a basic a solution to get to
> HTML code and java scripts Perl scripts CGI scripts etc.  Some have suggested
> rebuilding using Word Press or Drupal.   These seem to limit the basic screen
> as displayed to about 960 pixels.  In the limited work I've done I have never
> exercise such a limit.   Why does WordPress and  Drupal have such a limit????

Laziness, mostly. Using "Responsive" web design with a fluid layout that
doesn't look like amature hour is a skill that people who are looking
for a turnkey CMS like WordPress or Drupal probably don't have and don't
want. It's much easier to position objects in a layout if you have a
defined width.
--
John