[CALUG] still need a consultant to set up linux partition or equivalent

Jim Sansing jjsansing at verizon.net
Sat Sep 14 10:31:58 EDT 2013

Having done development where I had to build on both platforms, this is
the config I would recommend.  With the Virtual Box guest additions, you
can easily share partitions between the host and guest.  Also, you can
build your guest system and save the image so that if you ever have a
serious problem, restoring the image gets you back to where you want to
be quickly.

And of course, the main advantage here is that you don't have to reboot
to move between the systems -- they both run at the same time.

My question is, are you looking for help with Linux or just the dual
boot install?  If you're already comfortable with Linux, installing it
in Virtual Box should be a snap.