[CALUG] Ubuntu-MD Guides Project Update

Ron Swift rswift at swiftstaffing.com
Mon Dec 1 09:58:15 EST 2014

I have been contacted by the Ubuntu Manual Project, https://ubuntu-manual.org/ regarding their development of the Ubuntu 14.04 user manual and book. This is a volunteer project that has been in existence since 2009. Their focus is on providing targeted up to date consistent documentation for the Ubuntu operating system. This is consistent with our goals.
They have asked that we join their efforts. I think that we can add to the excellent work that they are doing by expanding certain topics like different Ubuntu derivatives (i.e. Xubuntu, Lubuntu) and adding a chapter on Ubuntu servers to name a few areas. They already have a good structure (workflow process, use of LaTex, pdf, crocodoc, book publishing, translations etc.).
They currently struggle to get enough contributors to keep the project alive so we can make a difference with our contributions.
Please review the manual and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

Ron Swift
President
410-788-7011, ext 5005