[CALUG] books to donate

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 13:23:53 EST 2014

I posted your note on UAS maillist...
Book are generally more welcome
than magazines.

I tried a couple local community colleges
to try to donate a rather complete set of Byte magazines
I have.  They didn't want them because they
have them on microfiche...   YUK !!!    Microfiche
is black and white film, often reversed b&W...
And a very significant amount of Byte's content
involves color on color... specially code- as Byte didn't want
people "xeroxing" their issues....  hence imagine color on color
translated to grayscale.   Pretty much unreadable.

There are several electronics museums in the region
as well as private collectors - computer museum in
Cockeysville ....  what we need is a comprehensive list.
Maybe someone is interested in compiling...

Message: 1