[CALUG] Installing FreeBSD

James Ewing Cottrell III JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Sat Apr 4 01:42:45 EDT 2015

On 3/7/2015 8:29 PM, Jim Galvin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I concur that a FreeBSD topic would be great.
>
> -Jim

Right, because Living in the Past is a Good Thing.

For Better or Worse (Better, actually), UNIX has mutated into Linux.

I'd just as soon Forget the Incompatibilties the BSD folks foisted off
on us during the 4.3BSD to 4.4BSD transition. The BSD folks never
adopted the GNUtilites, never adopted the Standard Disk Partitioning,
and even kept csh as the root shell.

Need I mention their horrible version of make, stupid mandoc macros?

Yes, I bled BSD and Solaris back in the day, but like they say...

You Can Never Go Home.

JIM