[CALUG] book-review request

Bernard Karmilowicz karmilow at intencorp.com
Thu Jul 9 21:44:28 EDT 2015

Greetings, CALUGers;

I received a request from Paushali Desai (PACKT Publishing's Reviewer Acquisition Executive) to review a new PACKT Publishing book titled, "Developing Linux Device Drivers".

Though I have written device drivers for the 2.0 and 2.4 Linux kernels. I have not written a device driver for the preemptable (2.6, and later) Linux kernels which PACKT Publishing's new Developing Linux Device Drivers book covers, and I unfortunately will not have that opportunity until much later this year, so an alternate volunteer reviewer who has device-driver writing experience for contemporary/preemptable Linux kernels will be better qualified for the task of reviewing PACKT Publishing's new book.

As an incentive for persons volunteering to be a reviewer, Paushali asserted:

     "your name and biography would be included in the "About the Reviewer" section in the first few pages of the book which you can use to promote your business, cite in your resume and add experience as a technical expert. Also you’ll get 2 free copies- one (print or digital) copy of the book that you would review for us and an eBook of your choice from our catalog."

Please contact Paushali Desai directly if you have interest and would like to receive additional information such as timelines and other expectations. To prevent automated email-address harvesters from pulling Paushali's contact information from this message (or avoid the mailman from filtering it) I have instead placed the contact information on an unpublished page on the CALUG website. That page is:

     http://www.calug.org/<Desai's first name, case-sensitive>.html

If you review the book then please follow-up via this mailing-list to share your impression.

Respectfully,

- Bernie Karmilowicz
   President/Engineer, IntEn Corporation

--