[CALUG] April 13 Meeting Announcement -- Intorduction to Asciidoc(tor)

Berend Tober btober at computer.org
Sun Apr 10 19:59:36 EDT 2016

Chuck Frain wrote:
> Greetings Everyone,
>
> Please join us April 13th for a presentation on Asciidoc and
> Asciidoctor. ...
>
> I will be giving an introductory talk about the Asciidoc language and
> the Asciidoctor backend. The focus of the talk will be centered around
> using Asciidoc for writing technical documentation, but the concepts can
> be used for various forms of writing. I'll be going over the basic
> concepts of writing in the markup language, some syntax examples, tips,
> and pointers to help you get started. I'll also show some examples of
> existing documents.

Sounds like a cool talk. As an FYI, FWIW, or example or whatever, any of
you that attended my Fairwinds talk (http://calug.org/meetings.html) at
CALUG last September saw an example of Asciidoc in action. That
presentation slideshow was prepared using Asciidoc and the Slidy
(http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/slidy.html) backend.

-- Berend Tober