[CALUG] April 13 Meeting Announcement -- Intorduction to Asciidoc(tor)

Bryan Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Apr 10 22:37:46 EDT 2016

Two big thumbs up for AsciiDoc[tor].  It's the easiest way to do
DocBook XML, without having to do XML markup type tagging.  I.e., if
you've done basic Wiki markup, it's cake.  It then virtually
translates 1->1 to DocBook XML.

But AsciiDoc can also directly publish as well.  I have simple
stylesheet I use for both the HTML ("Article") and Slidy
("Slideshow").

For anything more advanced, again, I translate AsciiDoc to DocBook
XML, and then use the wealth of toolchains out there for it.  E.g.,
Fedora/Red Hat Publican.  A lot of people are also using it on Ubuntu
for formal, multi-publication (HTML, PDF, ePub, Mobi, etc...) out
there too. [1]

-- bjs

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+package/publican