[CALUG] Reading CSV using Python / PHP

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:36:33 EDT 2016

Hey all, I am trying to cut down on the amount of manual steps I have to
take editing CSV file - sorting, creating new tabs and categorising them.
I googled and found logparser from MS, could not figure it out - maybe a
mental block towards anything MS.

I saw that it was possible using python or PHP. So turning to you guys for
advice. Which one works best or is there a different way?

I do not know Python, but I can learn. PHP, I am very familiar with, but
whichever is efficient and can do a better job, I will use it.

Problem:
1. CSV file has 2000+ rows
2. Some columns are multi-line with \r and \n
3. fields are separated by "," and each data item is between quotes (" ")

Please let me know.

-GG