[CALUG] May 11th Meeting Announcement -- Git

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Sun May 8 10:28:21 EDT 2016

Greetings everyone,

Please join us for the May 11th CALUG meeting. We'll be welcoming our
own Tim Spangler with his talk on Git. Git
is a free and open source distributed version control system designed
to handle everything from small to very
large projects with speed and efficiency.
Tim Spangler will discuss version control using Git, including a brief
history of git, day to day usage and
branching, recovery from common problems, and some sample scenarios
following a pair of developers working on
the same project.

Tim Spangler has been professionally working as a Systems Engineer for
nearly 20 years across a wide variety of technologies, and for a broad
range of businesses.

The meeting will take place at OmniTI, located in Fulton, MD. The address is
11830 West Market Place Fulton, MD 20759. The building is located near the
Harris Teeter, easily seen as you approach on rt 216. As you approach the
Harris Teeter head on, the OmniTI offices are in the complex to the right.
We will be using the back entrance which is surrounded by plants which
leads directly to the meeting room.

Please join us for pizza and soda from 6:30-7pm. Our pizza sponsor
this month is Oracle!
http://calug.orghttp://omniti.com
http://omniti.com/is/here
http://oracle.com