[CALUG] CentOS7 appearance and FF addons

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 10:32:40 EDT 2017

Hi,

The desktop appearance sucks.
Big Ones.

The mouse clicking has been changed to protect
-- the desktop.   HOw do I add app icons to the desktop
so I don't have to use the pulldown menus  ?
Or add them to the menu bar ?

Looks like nothing in settings pulldown to help me out..
What package do I need to add to edit the
desktop preferences, such as .. DOH, the desktop background,
general size of windows or text in apps, and particularly the windows
top title bar... some gawd awful light grey...
scroll bars are same.. g a w d awlful.  I want to make scrollbars a little
wider too.  I hope to hell someone doesn't tell me I need to
edit gnome dot files.....

The initial install has Firefox 45.4...  which, when I try
a couple addons is already outdated !!!   SOooo...
Which "name" of adblocker is the preferred among
tech people?  Adblocker Ultimate, Plus, etc.. there's a bout
10 that show in the top 10 ( DOH )  but it looks like there may be
more....  also looking for recommendations for other CentOS7 apps
for desktop use  (I already installed parcellite )..

Had anyone see any applets in the Distro ?
Looking for possibly kppp or some dialup modem indication
like modemlights ...

I presume the "intall"    loaded up into the bins and libs most kde/qt stuff ...

thx,
Walt . . . .

----
 The government is lawless, not the press (people).
 ( [Supreme Court] Justice Douglas re: The Pentagon Papers )