[CALUG] CentOS7 appearance and FF addons

Howard how0909 at freeshell.org
Sun Oct 8 12:46:15 EDT 2017

I have not liked Gnome for eons.
I use LXDE and have been very happy with it.

Fedora 25 gave me Firefox 54.0.1
I have never used any adblocker add ons.
I have only added the "Just Disable/Enable JS" and "Just Disable/Enable
Images".

When I run into a pig page I disable either or both. If scripts or
images are running this will not stop them unless you reload the page.
If that doesn't work close the damn tab and try again with all off. If
that does not work I close it period.

Looking at addblockers now, I see a lot of interesting ones. "Block
google analytics" looks like something I might try but can I trust
that?  Most of all I just don't go to bloated sites like yahoo unless
it's absolutely necessary. And I will wait to I get to some fast wifi in
the area like the Library.

The trend in page bloat is really a drag. I think it has more to do with
site developers wanting to keep their work on the cutting edge which
needs a super machine and connection. Thing is this is all unnecessary.
I was perfectly happy with my bank the way it was. The more crap they
add the more I get annoyed and less I trust the security. Big deal with
a bank you know? Management drinks the cool-aid...