[CALUG] December 12 Meeting Announcement - Matt Duren

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Fri Dec 7 12:16:07 EST 2018

Greetings All,

For the December 12, 2018 CALUG meeting we will be welcoming Matt Duren who
will be talking about #recruiterfail / #candidatefail.

Looking for a new job is tough. Finding talent for open jobs is tough. The
recruitment and interview process is hard enough as it is; let’s not make
it more difficult than it has to be. Let’s pull back the curtain a bit,
leave our egos at the door and talk about some real (maybe extreme)
examples of #recruiterfail and #candidatefail in an attempt to break down
the barriers between recruiters and applicants in a fun and comfortable way.

Matt Duren has been in recruiting since he graduated college in 2001.
Starting out in a technical staffing agency, Matt quickly transitioned to
corporate recruiting and has lead recruiting teams responsible for IT and
college recruiting, as well as Employment Branding. Matt is currently the
Technical Recruiting Manager at Tenable, located in Columbia, MD.

We will be hosted at the UMBC Training Center, located at 6996 Columbia
Gateway Dr #100, Columbia, MD 21046. When you walk in through the mail
lobby make a right. We will be at the end of the hall in the last room on
the right. Our friends at Aplura will be providing the pizza and soda
starting at 6:30. The talk will start about 7pm.

We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I’ll get you scheduled.

http://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com
https://tenable.com