[CALUG] March 14th Meeting Announcement -- Stephen Alexander on AWS

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Tue Mar 6 22:07:41 EST 2018

Greetings All,

For our March 14th meeting we will be welcoming Stephen Alexander who will
be giving us an introductory talk about the AWS platform!

The AWS Cloud provides a broad set of infrastructure services, such as
computing power, storage options, networking and databases that are
delivered as a utility: on-demand, available in seconds, with pay-as-you go
pricing. From data warehousing to deployment tools, directories to content
delivery, over 100 AWS services are available. New services can be
provisioned quickly, without upfront capital expense. This allows
enterprises, start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses, and customers in
the public sector to access the building blocks they need to respond
quickly to changing business requirements. This talk provides you with an
overview of the benefits of the AWS Cloud and introduces you to the
services that make up the platform.

Speaker: Stephen Alexander, Sr. Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
Stephen Alexander is a Sr. Solutions Architect with Amazon Web Services. He
focuses on National Security and DoD customers, helping them to design
scalable and secure systems that operate efficiently on AWS. Stephen holds
five AWS certifications, including AWS Certified DevOps Engineer –
Professional and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional. He has
delivered talks and workshops on Infrastructure as Code, DevSecOps, and
Security Deep Dives at conferences, Meetups, and customer events.

We will be hosted at the UMBC Training Center, located at 6996 Columbia
Gateway Dr #100, Columbia, MD 21046. When you walk in  through the main
lobby make a right. We will be at the end of the hall in the last room on
the right. Our friends at Aplura will be providing the pizza and soda
starting at 6:30. The talk will start about 7pm.

We are looking for speakers for the upcoming months. If you have a topic
you would like to present on, please let me know and I'll get you scheduled.

http://calug.org
https://www.umbctraining.com/Home
https://aplura.com
https://aws.amazon.com