[CALUG] SELinux opportunity

Bernard Karmilowicz karmilow at intencorp.com
Fri Aug 24 10:27:05 EDT 2007

The U.S. Navy Space and Naval Warfare (Spawar) systems center in
Charleston South Carolina has a pressing need for a cleared system
administrator (SA) having on-hands SELinux experience to lead
development of a centralized SELinux-based multi-level security system
(MLS) for the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD). Spawar's Linux
distribution requirement is Redhat - which ships SELinux-ready (but not
activated).

I have not received project details [additional technical/personal
requirements (clearance level), level-of-effort (LoE), duration], but I
will be pleased to forward respondent's contact information to Spawar
and/or query Spawar for additional project information to pass to the
respondents, at your preference.

IntEn Corporation has assisted Spawar since 2001. SSCC has always been a
pleasure to work with, and Charleston is an attractive cultural-hub
bordered by water (two healthy rivers and the Atlantic) which is a real
treat to visit for both short and extended stays.

Unfortunately, I lack the extensive experience administering Redhat
systems and on-hands SELinux experience necessary to properly assist
SSCC with their SELinux-based MLS project for the OSD. Please reply to
me directly (karmilow at intencorp.com) if you have such experience and
would consider the opportunity given additional technical/personal
requirements information.

Upon exchange of contact information you are welcome to pursue the
opportunity independently of IntEn Corporation, or via IntEn Corporation
on a 1099 or W2-basis, at your preference. My interest is in locating a
well-qualified SA who is available and interested to help SSCC's project
succeed. If we can use IntEn Corporation toward that end, all the better.

Sincerely,

- Bernie Karmilowicz
   President/Engineer, IntEn Corporation
   410-381-3356