[CALUG] Where are my icons disappearing to?

Edward D. Browne Browne at t-online.de
Sat Dec 22 08:23:49 EST 2007

I've read a lot of man pages, but I'm lacking even a good place
to start on this, so I'm hoping one of you can help me.

I recently switched to Debian (version lenny/sid?) with a 2.6.21
kernel and a gnome desktop.  Now all of a sudden my icons no
longer dock on the bottom toolbar as they used to - they simply
disappear when I minimize an application (i.e. they are going
*somewhere*, but I can't find them to click on them and bring
them back.)  I didn't (knowingly) change anything.  I've looked
everywhere I can possibly think of to find/fix this setting, but no
luck.  Any suggestions how I can fix this, or at least where to
start looking?

Thanks very much in advance - Ed