[CALUG] Ubuntu Loco Install Fest

Chuck Frain chuckfrain at pobox.com
Wed Jul 11 20:08:00 EDT 2007

With thanks to Marco for offering and scheduling the space over at the
Loyola College Center for Community Informatics, we will be holding our
initial Ubuntu Install Fest. This will take place on July 21st from
10am-3pm.

While not required, please reply here, in the
fourms<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=490807>,
or contact me privately with your intentions of attending either as a helper
or as an installee so we can get a rough head count.

We are looking for those interested in getting Ubuntu installed on their
systems. If you have a system that you are considering installing to and
would like to bring that in, feel free. We are using this to both allow new
people to experience Ubuntu and as a dry run for our Software Freedom Day
festivities on September 15th. So the more systems we have to work with the
better prepared we will be in the future.

If you wish to meet in person before the event please feel free to attend
our July 19th meeting at the Howard County Central Library at 7pm.

As well as the install fest we'll be doing a GPG/PGP keysigning at about 2pm
for those interested.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or the
forums.<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=490807>

Loyola College Center for Community Informatics
8890 McGaw Rd
Columbia, MD 21045

*The only topic that will be banned from discussion will be the ending to
the new Harry Potter book!