[CALUG] Linux install-fest this weekend?

Eldon Ziegler eldonz at atlanticdb.com
Fri Jul 20 05:36:24 EDT 2007

                              From:
Chuck Frain <chuckfrain at pobox.com>
                                To:
calug at unknownlamer.org, Baltimore
Linux Users Group
<baltolug at baltinet.com>
                           Subject:
[CALUG] Ubuntu Loco Install Fest
                              Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:08:00 -0400

With thanks to Marco for offering and scheduling the space over at the
Loyola College Center for Community Informatics, we will be holding our
initial Ubuntu Install Fest. This will take place on July 21st from
10am-3pm.

While not required, please reply here, in the fourms, or contact me
privately with your intentions of attending either as a helper or as an
installee so we can get a rough head count.

We are looking for those interested in getting Ubuntu installed on their
systems. If you have a system that you are considering installing to and
would like to bring that in, feel free. We are using this to both allow
new people to experience Ubuntu and as a dry run for our Software
Freedom Day festivities on September 15th. So the more systems we have
to work with the better prepared we will be in the future.

If you wish to meet in person before the event please feel free to
attend our July 19th meeting at the Howard County Central Library at
7pm.

As well as the install fest we'll be doing a GPG/PGP keysigning at about
2pm for those interested.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or the
forums.

Loyola College Center for Community Informatics
8890 McGaw Rd
Columbia, MD 21045

*The only topic that will be banned from discussion will be the ending
to the new Harry Potter book!