[CALUG] Linux on a laptop

Ainsley ainsley.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:21:56 EDT 2008

I personally like the KDE desktop, and with KDE-4 coming out with the new
version of Kubuntu I would say thats the way to go. I have used several
distros over the years, but for a laptop, that most things will work on off
the bat (provided usability and functionality is what you desire), Ubuntu,
Kubuntu are your better options. Open BSD is just not there yet, but pain is
good and you will learn a lot :-o) I will admit I have not used the OpenBSD
for a little while and perhaps its better now, but Linux is what you asked
about anyway.

Ainsley

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Jason Dixon <jason at dixongroup.net> wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Russ wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm planning on installing linux on a laptop.  Does anybody
> > recommend any
> > particular versions that work well with laptops?  FWIW, the laptop in
> > question is a Dell Inspiron 2500
>

> I've heard that OpenBSD is bitchin'.
>
> On the other hand, you can go with the sheep and choose something like
> Ubuntu.  ;-)
>
> ---
> Jason Dixon
> DixonGroup Consulting