[CALUG] LINUX & FIOS - backup

John Hengen jghengen1 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 2 20:05:10 EST 2008

P Yasuda wrote:

Interesting. I was wondering how their super deluxe detectors find optical
lines.

But are you sure the embedded wire is connected to anything? It would be
detectable even if it's not. So maybe you are electrically isolated after
all?

py

-----

All I know about the wire is that the man that climbs the pole in the
street said there was a wire in the fiber entrance cable so they could
find it when it was buried. All my service comes overhead from a pole
line out in front of my mid-fifties house./
My concern is that a conductor picks up energy from passing radio waves
and then re-radiates some of that energy to the local environment, as
well as conducting whatever energy is on the pole into my house. Oh
well, I still have the power line & old telephone line to bring unwanted
stuff in./