[CALUG] Thunderbird's looks are ugly on F9

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 20:58:33 EDT 2008

For those with a serious attachment to X or how the desktop works:

Mozilla Firefox 3 looks great on F9.

However;

I installed Thunderbird, and Seamonkey  ( combo of mozilla and emailer).
Did it using the rpm from Fedora site/DVD pkg.

Both Look like crap.
Both are Mozilla related.

Small text in menu's and along icons etc...
icons look crappy.

I uninstalled Thunderbird and reinstalled- and there was no difference.
Did multiple googles and even an Alta Vista, as well
as  release notes and FAQ's on fedora. Could find nothing mentioned.
So it must be my magic fingers...

I think it's more than a text size problem but ......
Some of the supplied fonts were installed at X installation.
So if there's one font package I should look for, or some other
font/icon /drawing handler I need to install ??  It just seems
odd that Mozilla 3 looks great, so I figure there's some "hook"
missing somewhere....

Any one with an idea how to fix it ?

thx,