[CALUG] ubuntu Hardy and nvidia quadro fx graphics card

Wendel Dean Renner WendelDRenner at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 15:25:22 EDT 2008

Is anyone using ubuntu Hardy with a nvidia quardo fx graphics board?
I've tried the driver from nvidia and the nvidia-glx-new package.  Both
of which crashes the desktop all the way back to the login prompt upon
certain simple operations of an X/Motif Open GL application.

nvidia-glx leaves me in "low graphics mode".

envyng-gtk and installing the nvidia driver 173.14.09 came closest to
working,
except that I could not get glx visuals, so no Open GL.

Either I am doing something wrong, or there is a bug stopping things
from working.

the card on the system is nvidia quadro fx 570

Thanks