[CALUG] MPEG / DVD Tools

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 07:47:25 EDT 2008

Hello,
I am currently capturing my mini-DV tapes on to my computer, using Kino. I
would like to know if there is a batch processing software which can export
these .DV files to mpeg or anything that is high quality and a manageable
size (DVD R5). Currently each 60 minute Tape takes about 14 GB.

I can convert the .DV files to mpeg from within Kino, but it can handle only
1 .DV file at a time and I have about 9 tapes with a minimum of 35 .DV files
each.

Also after converting, it seems to be of much lower quality than the raw .DV
file.

Please advise.

Thanks

-GGR