[CALUG] Anyone interested in a Python Users Group?

Scott Kitterman sklist at kitterman.com
Tue Nov 25 22:16:42 EST 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 10:39, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> I would recommend coordinating a bit with the ZPUGDC group, at least
> to not overlap times.
>
> Also, there was a new "BACON-PIG" group, the meeting of which I
> missed, but you should probably communicate with its organizers, too.
>
> Dustin

I went to the first BACON-PIG meeting and it looks like it may be a really
good group (hard to tell from one meeting) with some well known heavy hitters
in the Python world involved.

I'd suggest giving that group a try before starting another one.

BACON-PIG has a clear focus on Python that distinguishes itself from ZPUGDC,
which is more Plone/Zope oriented.  Other than geography, what would
differentiate this possible new group from those two?

Scott K