[CALUG] Eclipse 3.4 with CDT 5.0?

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Wed Sep 10 16:51:08 EDT 2008

Since Sun's movement towards making Java open source, the Sun Java
packages have been a part of the standard repositories in Ubuntu. Just
look for the packages starting with sun-java*. Both java5 & java 6 are
listed. If you have gcj installed already, installing a sun-java*
package will set it to be removed.

I've been running Tomcat on an Ubuntu-LTS machine (first 6.04, then
8.04) for almost a year now with no problems what-so-ever.

Keith