[CALUG] Linux Format 116 Free Download

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3 at Comcast.NET
Sun Jun 7 15:35:36 EDT 2009

Boot grub from a local disk, and do a chainload to the MBR of the USB
Flash drive.

With a little more work, you can boot your resident disk Linux, then
copy /boot from the USB to the local drive. Then create a Grub entry to
load vmlinuz and initrd from there.

WARNING: you will probably need to use root=LABEL=whatever in both the
Grub.conf (menu.lst) as well as /etc/fstab, but you should already be
doing that.

JIM