[CALUG] outputting PDF or PS from FOSS?

Ken Jackson linux at kenjackson.us
Sat Jun 27 10:34:48 EDT 2009

It has been my goal for some time to learn to use DocBook
<http://docbook.org/>.  There is support to transform the DocBook
format to almost any format I've heard of.  I see Ubuntu has
'docbook' and 'docbook-xsl-doc-pdf' packages that should give the
capability you seek.

Try this command to see more:  apt-cache search ^docbook

There is also asciidoc <http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/> which
uses simple markup and can generate DocBook (or HTML).

-Ken Jackson

Sorry for the repeat, Ed.  I replied thinking it would go to the
group address.