[CALUG] RDP

Jason C. Miller jason.c.miller at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 22:52:54 EDT 2009

Actually....no.  It's much simpler than that.  :)

The issue that I was having was getting rdesktop to work with my vista box.
I have a smartcard reader connected to my linux machine and I wanted to be
able to use it on the remote vista box as if it was native to that box.

Of course, if you download the latest version of rdesktop, it is supported
natively (by supplying the "scard" argument).  However, it simply wasn't
working on my linux machine.

My solution wasn't very eloquent, but I refuse to devote too much more time
to it than I have to until I actually have the time.  Basically, what it
came down to is that there were a couple of functions in the rdesktop scard
module that were responsible for translating values between types.  For
whatever reason, the value that was always returned was always off.  The
logic in the code always returned (CORRECT_VALUE | 0x0001000) for whatever
reason.  So, in my rush for a workable solution, I modded the code locally,
recompiled, and bam....I now have something that works ~85% of the time.
Remember...I SAID it wasn't eloquent.  :)

I think that the escd daemon doesn't like my mod very much.  It's workable
for now, though.  If you have any better solutions, please let me know!  :)

                                                         ~j