[CALUG] Open Source Genealogy

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:15:02 EST 2009

Hello,
Currently, my family tree is on Geni.com and it has grown really big and
many people have concerns to put their information online on a 4rd party
website and I would like to build our own website which is similar to
geni.com with most of its features.

I did find couple of open source software which are similar to it -
PhpGedView <http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpgedview>  and
phpmyfamily<http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyfamily>which are ok
to begin with, but I would really like more choices than only
these two.

If there is a commercially available PHP/software which has looks and feel
of geni.com, I dont mind buying it.
The basic requirements I have are: 1. should be editable by end user similar
to geni.com, 2.should support at least 50,000 in the tree. Currently, our
tree is almost 30,000.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks

-GGR

--
Rajiv G Gunja
Blog: http://ossrocks.blogspot.com