[CALUG] Fedora 11/12 and FF 3.5

Ken Jackson linux at kenjackson.us
Tue Oct 20 06:34:49 EDT 2009

Just a note on pre-upgrade:  I used it to upgrade from F10 to F11 and
it worked very well.  But!  A little while later, YUM started failing
to update.

It turned out that it had failed to upgrade 3 .fc10 packages (don't
remember which ones).  Then YUM couldn't figure the dependencies on
anything related.

When I figured it out (with help) and removed the three offending
old packages, everything worked fine again.  But it was a frustrating
couple of weeks.

-Ken Jackson