[CALUG] Fedora 11/12 and FF 3.5

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Oct 20 22:33:27 EDT 2009

Many plug-ins for and scripts under Firefox are horrendous on memory leaks,
Flash being a huge one.

I use Noscript which blocks everything by default.  I only whitelist sites that I
confirm are good.

Solves the problem very nicely.

From: Ben W <bigmojo74 at gmail.com>

Hopefully I'm replying to this properly, but to mention I had an issue with FC11 and a memory leak, maybe I tweaked something on the install (though it was a basic workstation install via their installer) after some testing it was taking about 30hrs to eat 1.5GB of memory on my system. (By this I mean I booted the system and let it sit at desktop, thirty hours later I ran top and had 100MB of memory free, firefox and pigin were opened.)

I don't know if anyone else has had any issues with that or not, or if there's a known fix, but I figured I mention this. Also I'm more than willing to torrent a distro for anyone and bring ISOs to meetings.