[CALUG] Off Topic: Canon t2i/550d

Rajiv Gunja opn.src.rocks at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 11:30:41 EDT 2010

All,
Finally, I bought the camera I have been researching about, Canon t2i or
550d. I went to so many different places, but finally, found that Best Buy
had the best deal, though their staff was ultimately useless in telling me
why there were only kits and not just the camera alone. Also their staff
could not tell me the difference between EF 50-250 IS and EF 70-300 (no IS),
functionally. Anyway, after researching a lot, I finally got the Canon t2i
with 18-55, 50-250 IS and camera bag for $949 + tax.

At first, the camera was over load of information and over load of controls.
I thought going from G7 (semi dslr) to full dslr would be easy, but it turns
out, t2i is a control freaks' paradise.

I have been shooting some pictures lately and uploaded it to picasa. Camera
experts, please send me your comments on how I can improve my shots and any
tricks I can use to calculate the F-stop and shutter time with fixed ISO.

Thanks

-GGR

--
Rajiv G Gunja