[CALUG] fedora java: eclipse and netbeans

Walt Smith waltechmail at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 14:25:40 EST 2010

hi,

looking for an opinion.

problem:
Is there an eclipse component gui designer?
Recommended "plugin" (I guess is the right name? ).
Can a netbeans "composer" output code be used easily
in eclipse ?  I see there is a "netbeansSE" edition with
some "Swing GUI builder" that looks promising.

setup:
I've been learning java using eclipse on Fedora 12.
It works pretty good after a learning curve.

I want to do the inevitable student thing:
make a user gui.

OK, I already did that, sorta.  I made a frame, added a
couple panels with buttons, radio buttons and list etc.
First stages.  I added a basic event listener to one set
of buttons.

****
I really don't want to program details of margins around
buttons etc...  so some designer to let me do that and
focus on other technicals is a good thing ..

Walt.......