[CALUG] Newbie Introduction

Jim Brewster geminijim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:50:18 EST 2010

Hi all,

I was really hoping to introduce myself at the meeting, but the
weather gods had other plans...

Anyway, I am a CALUG newbie, but not exactly a Linux newbie. I've been
playing around with Slackware for nearly 12 years, and up to now it's
been a hobby more than anything else. Then for the last 3 years I've
been a stay-at-home dad. Now the stars seem aligned in terms of
incentive (two small children needing stuff) and opportunity
(switching hats with the better half) to get off my butt and turn this
"hobby" into some semblance of a lucrative career.

Anyway, I look forward to joining the discussions here, and hopefully
making it out to the next meeting!

Best regards,
Jim
--