[CALUG] FOSE Conference Call

Rich Goodwin Rich.Goodwin at PinnaclePointTechnologies.com
Sun Jan 24 21:39:41 EST 2010

I setup a conference call account with FreeconferenceCall.com and the
first call will be on Tuesday, 26 January at 8PM.  The dial-in info is
on the FOSE wiki under the Coordination link).  If the long distance
number is an issue - let me know.  I will see what I can do.

The topic will be identifying applications to demonstrate Linux and
other Open Source efforts that will help with Technology Solutions for
the Business of Government (in line with FOSE's tagline).  If we create
a demo of a tux.org enterprise with a variety of applications that would
interest business & government, I believe it would be extremely
advantageous.  Some sample demos could be

                Web (OpenID for the
                identity)

                        Drupal
                        Joomla

                Database

                        MySQL
                        Postgres
                CRM

                        SugarCRM
                        openCRX
                        vtiger

                HRM

                        OrangeHRM

                ERP

                        OpenERP
                        openBravo

                Healthcare

                        PatientOS
                        openEMR
                        FreeMedFoms,
                        FreeMed
                        OpenTAPAS
                        OpenMEDIS
                Security/Privacy

                        GPG
                        TrueCrypt
                        OSSEC,
                        Nessus,
                        Snort

                Office/ADmin
                Products

                        OpenOffice
                        AbiWord
                        Networking
                        Nagios

              * Virtulaization

                        XEN Virtual
                        Box

This is a large effort to be done in a short period of time.  Help is
definitely needed.  A side point would be to offer a list of the
volunteers who did work so the attendees can see some of the depth of
the community.  It might also help those looking for work to get some
visibility.

Rich Goodwin