[CALUG] Mercurial appropriate for Tomboy and documents?

P Yasuda pyasuda at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 22:52:50 EDT 2010

I'm thinking of installing Mercurial distributed source control management
tool. Would it work for my Tomboy notes directory? I'd like to have version
control of my notes. I'd also like to use it for documents, including
resumes. I would like to have different branches for specific job openings,
but be able to easily merge changes back into the trunk.

I like the ability to sync repositories easily between different machines
too.

What do you think? I chose Mercurial because it sounds more n00b friendly
than git, but about all I know about it is what I read at
http://mercurial.selenic.com/ and heard on a podcast
http://twit.tv/floss122.

Thanks!

py