[CALUG] Mercurial appropriate for Tomboy and documents?

P Yasuda pyasuda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 22:28:44 EDT 2010

Thanks, all, for the responses.

Dave, the afaik Tomboy files are all XML text, so no problem there. Same for
ODF docs. The branch thing might be a problem for my resume scenario. I
don't think I want a ton of repositories; I'd rather have just one. But I
guess I'll have to try it and see.

Keith, I took a look at Bazaar. I didn't consider it because I thought it
was Linux only, and I had an unmentioned requirement to work in Mac, linux
and Windows. But it looks like an easier Mac install than Mercurial.

So despite telling myself to just pick one and get on with it, I think I may
try Bazaar on Mac and I've already added Mercurial to my Ubuntu laptop.

Thanks again,

py