[CALUG] modest camera for linux ??

John Alan Hastings jah1066 at aol.com
Wed Sep 1 09:42:40 EDT 2010

I do not fool anymore trying to get the camera to mount.  I just take
the SD card out and mount /it./  Most newer computers have SD slots, and
Staples has USB adapters for SD (and microSD) cards which mounts them as
if they were thumbdrives.  Under Photos (or wherever else you would like
to put them) make a directory for each SD card.  Once the SD card is
mounted, use rsync with the -avuz options and sync to your directory for
that card.  Not only is it easy and straightforward, it is a lot faster
than fiddling with the camera.

Alan