[CALUG] CALUG February 9th Meeting Reminder

Chuck Frain chuck at chuckfrain.net
Mon Feb 7 13:58:51 EST 2011

Greetings All,

For our February 9th meeting we'll be welcoming Andrew Ruef and his talk
titled 'The Read-Copy-Update synchronization mechanism in the Linux
Kernel'.

We'll be meeting at the offices of Tenable Network Security[0] in
Columbia, MD[1] from 6:30-9pm. From 6:30-7 we'll be enjoying pizza and
soda provided by Praxis Engineering[2].

Additionally we will be offering Hackers for Charity[3] t-shirts for
sale. These shirts[4] are available for just $20 and the profits go to
support the charity. While I will have a selection of various sizes if
you would like to make sure I have the size/quantity you are interested
in drop me an email.

Title: The Read-Copy-Update synchronization mechanism in the Linux
Kernel

Synopsis: RCU is a synchronization mechanism used by the Linux kernel.
I'll talk a little bit about the Linux kernel, why synchronization and
its optimization is important in the kernel, and how RCU works & what
it means for the kernel.

Bio: My name is Andrew Ruef, I am a system / kernel programmer who
works for Kyrus Technology (www.kyrus-tech.com), who enjoys
concurrency & caching.

[0]http://www.tenable.com
[1]7063 Columbia Gateway Drive 21046 (Enter at the back patio with the
blue tables)
[2]http://www.praxiseng.com
[3]http://www.hackersforcharity.org
[4]http://www.hackersforcharity.org/store/